Supporting local businesses continues to be imperative to creating healthier, stronger communities and more jobs in Indiana. Indiana Originals is growing its team to better serve our members. Do you want to be a part of a mission-minded business that helps its members stand out from their national competition, find affordable resources to grow their business, and get more customers? If you answered yes, our part-time assistant position with room for growth is a great way to get started with our company.
The role is designed to assist with key elements of promoting the Indiana Originals members and brand. A background in marketing, journalism, and/or graphic design is preferred. The ideal candidate is also task-oriented, enjoys brainstorming sessions, and uses the Oxford comma. You must be extremely detail-oriented and proof-read everything. Seriously, like, everything. Mel rushes things and someone needs to keep her in check. Familiarity with Creator Studio and Canva is a plus, and we will train the right person for the job.
Here is the job description:
- Schedule and suggest daily social media posts for Indiana Originals and Indiana.Gifts
- Create graphics to go along with posts when needed
- Approve and add event postings to IndianaOriginals.com, Eventbrite, facebook, etc.
- Write and/or post featured member articles
- Write and/or post blog articles
- Create graphics for various promotions such as podcast frames promoting weekly episodes
- Add featured media links to spotlight as needed
- Work with Mel to create the content-heavy emails for monthly distribution to business members and community members
- Upload produced videos to YouTube as needed
- Create digital ads for website for Indiana Originals members and Indiana Originals promotions as needed
- Assist with membership benefits coordination when needed
- Any other awesome ideas you come up with that can still be done in the time allotted
- Other duties as the position grows (Note: We don’t expect you to do anything for free).
As the company grows, this role could grow as well, but right now it is designed as an hourly position with a maximum of 10 hours a week. Work is 100% remote, but we do have an office available if you prefer to work in an office. Pay is $15 an hour. Are you ready to apply? Email your resume, some graphic design samples and writing samples, and why you want to help support local businesses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to email any questions or clarifications as well.
Looking forward to hearing from you!